ABOUT TRANSLATING CONTRACTS
WHAT TYPE OF CONTRACTS CAN YOU ORDER FROM US TO BE TRANSLATED?
We are prepared to translate all kinds of agreements, including
- contracts of gift, birth and marriage certificates, child custody agreements,
- sale and purchase contracts, escrow agreements, lease contracts, loan agreements,
- articles of association, business agreements, subcontracts, agency contracts, employment contracts,
- service agreements, distribution or agency contracts,
- design and construction contracts and
- non-disclosure agreements.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN REQUIREMENTS OF TRANSLATING CONTRACTS?
PRECISION ABOVE ALL!
- Precise translation is fully guaranteed by our qualified and experienced translators who have proved their aptitude and conscientiousness during long years of collaboration with us.
- This is complemented by our quality control process, where a CAT software is used for checking the complete and accurate translation of all data and terms used in the text, as well as for screening any spelling errors.
- The software performs the checking mechanically, so its work is followed by the proofreading of an experienced and reliable project manager.
- We also pay attention to maintaining the structure and the layout of the original contract, including the numbering of the paragraphs as well.
ON THE CORRECT TRANSLATION OF NUMBERS AND DATES
When translating contracts, we pay particular attention to the exact translation of dates, since these are different in each language. In this case, as well, accuracy and clarity are our main guiding principles. For example, if the date format in a Hungarian text is: 2018.03.10., then it is translated into English as follows: 10 March 2018. This format ensures that the date is equally clear for readers using British English and American English as well.
Numbers also require a lot of attention, for example, in sale and purchase, or in lease contracts. In these cases, we also pay attention to the characteristics of each language, as well as to seemingly tiny details - which are very important for the content of the contract - such as the reverse use of commas and full stops in English and in Hungarian.
NAMES, TITLES AND STAMPS IN THE TRANSLATION
We pay particular attention to writing names - including signatures - accurately. Titles and positions attached to the signatures are also checked on the Internet, and we adapt to the traditions of the target language.
The texts inside the stamps at the end of contracts are also translated. The exact names and addresses of companies or institutions included in the stamps are always checked on the Internet. The translations of stamps are added in italics and in the same colour as the stamps in order to ensure their being separated from the rest of the text.
HOW DO WE ENSURE THAT CONTRACTS ARE TRANSLATED AS PROFESSIONALLY AS POSSIBLE?
The translation of contracts is only assigned to translators who have the appropriate professional qualifications and many years of experience in the translation of various agreements.
These texts are full of complex expressions that are embedded in the language, so they cannot be pasted together word by word from a dictionary.
Our translators were trained in legal terminology together with lawyers, at universities abroad, and perfected their skills by working in law offices. Therefore, they are aware of different legal terminologies resulting from various legal systems and legal cultures. In addition, legal texts are not translated mechanically or in a superficial manner, but they are interpreted in depth, and translated by following the inner logic of the texts.
HOW DO WE GUARANTEE COMPLETE CONFIDENTIALITY?
- In the course of translating contracts, maintaining strict confidentiality of personal and corporate data is a priority.
- This is achieved by deleting such data from the texts before sending them to the translators, and their places are indicated by dots in a different colour, or alphabetical codes are used.
- Not only names are deleted, but also such data, which are suitable for identifying persons or businesses, for example, home address, registered address, tax registration/VAT number, etc.
- In case of sale and purchase contracts, in addition to the data of the seller and the buyer, information (e.g. cadastral number, address) on the movable asset or property - which is the subject of the purchase - are also treated confidentially.
- Then the project manager performing quality control inserts the previously deleted data into the finished translation of the text, and makes modifications to the word order, or other grammatical structures, if necessary. The coloured markings help to ensure that no data is omitted accidentally.
At MET Translation Office we will do our best to provide you with the most accurate and professional translation of your contract, while also ensuring secure data processing. This naturally applies to contracts translated by third parties and provided for us for revision (correction) as well.
IF YOU NEED THE TRANSLATION OF A CONTRACT, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT US BY FORM BELOW:
We treat all personal data and texts strictly confidentially. Texts that are finally not translated by us, are immediately deleted.