OUR PHILOSOPHY ON LANGUAGE TEACHING
WELL-FOUNDED, SYSTEMATIC KNOWLEDGE AND A LOT OF PRACTICE WILL LEAD TO OVERCOMING INHIBITIONS.
Our professional background has created the conditions for it, and we will do our best to make this bumpy road not only smoother but also faster for our language learners.
Our goal is to change their learning process from a burdensome obligation to a process filled with joy and success, which opens new opportunities in their professional and private lives as well.
WHY ENGLISH IS IN OUR FOCUS?
Similarly to Latin in the Middle Ages, today English has taken the role of a transnational intermediary language in the interaction between different nations, and it is used all over the world.
This results in the additional benefit that English language users are tolerant with and helpful to each other.
WHY DO WE TEACH INDIVIDUALLY OR IN SMALL GROUPS (2-4 PERSONS)?
At MET we are convinced that the language level, the knowledge of grammatical structures, and the richness or the nature of vocabulary must be adjusted to the lifestyle, work, or studies of each language learner.
In a small group, there is more time to practice, so it is enough to attend a maximum of 1x2 or 2x2 lessons per week, which saves costs to the student.
WHY DO WE OFFER TEACHING PROFESSIONAL LANGUAGE?
For everyone, those professional language skills are the most important, which he/she can use in his/her career. A legal practitioner is not expected - even in his/her mother tongue - to know the types and components of air conditioning systems, and similarly, an engineer is not expected to fully understand the complicated professional language of legal regulations.
HOW DO WE BUILD UP THE PROCESS OF EFFECTIVE LANGUAGE LEARNING?
- We determine the specific purpose of learning English in cooperation with the language learner, e.g.: a language exam, job interview, defense of a thesis/doctoral thesis, giving presentation, active participation in meetings at his/her workplace and at conferences, understanding materials in the professional language, etc.
- The level of language knowledge, as well as the strengths and weaknesses of the language learner are assessed during a conversation that is free of charge.
- We give advice on more effective and easier methods of learning, e.g. new and enjoyable learning applications that can be used on the mobile phone as well: Quizlet
- We consult on the amount of time the student can devote to learning the language at home each week, and whether there should be homework, and if yes, how much. We also agree on if the student would like to be tested on the homework or on newly learned words orally or in writing. Then we consistently respect what we have mutually agreed on.
- We collect and practice the most important professional words.
- We quickly correct the most disturbing old, fossilized pronunciation errors, and fill in the most significant gaps in grammar knowledge. At this point, it typically turns out that the language learner’s knowledge is much better than he/she thought, and it is possible to skip one or even more levels.
- Regular learning is started using a textbook, exam preparation book, professional articles or video materials with professional terminology that best suits the language learner's level and purpose.
- We are glad to incorporate professional materials from the student's workplace or educational institution, as well as materials found on the Internet.
- We regularly discuss if they were able to successfully apply in practice the knowledge learned at the lessons, and we rejoice with the students on the result.
WHY IS TEACHING THE LANGUAGE OF A PROFESSION ESPECIALLY EFFECTIVE?
Our language learners spend a minimum of 8-10 hours a day at work or with studying, so it is natural that they are most interested in the professional language of their specific area.
Most of them love their profession of choice, which makes their language learning easier - this is because it is easier for the human brain to receive, process and store such information, which is associated with positive emotions.
WHAT EXTRA SERVICES CAN WE GUARANTEE?
For very busy language learners or for those who live far away, we offer online language teaching via Skype, FaceTime or Viber. It is as effective as our traditional lessons. You may read more about this topic here: Online Teaching
If you need to learn English, please, fill in the Contact Form here: CONTACT FORM and we will call or write you back within 1.5 hours.
We treat all personal information confidentially.
For immediate information, please call: +36 30 546 0396 or +36 1 221 2866