Translation & Proofreading
Do you have a text to be translated or proofread (corrected)?
If you need accurate and professional translation or proofreading with a favorable price and exactly at the deadline, feel free to order it from us. You can rely on us; we will not let you down.
How can you order a translation or proofreading from us?
- You will send us the text with the (target) language you would like us to translate to.
- We will measure the length and difficulty of the text and send you the exact price of our translation.
- If you accept it, we will agree on the deadline.
- If you do not accept it, we will delete your text and all personal details.
Please click here to send your text: Request for quote
What languages do we translate and proofread?
At MET Kft., besides the most popular English and German, we translate:
- official languages accepted by the European Union: Czech, Danish, Estonian, Finnish, French, Greek, Dutch, Polish, Latvian, Maltese, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Slovak and Slovene
- so-called rare languages: Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Flemish, Hebrew (Ivrit), Hindi, Croatian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Latin, Norwegian, Russian, Romanian, Serbian, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
You can also request cross-translations, e.g. English-Romanian, Romanian-English, English-Spanish, Spanish-English, etc.
What kind of texts do we translate and proofread professionally?
- corporate law: contracts, lawyer's letters, company documents to and from the Court of Registration, Certificate of Incorporation, articles of incorporation, regulations, decrees, declarations, statements, bylaws, proxies, testimonies, court orders, appeals
- economy: professional articles, studies, Ph.D. extracts, presentations
- finance and accounting: reports, statements, analyses, tax returns, audit instructions and reports
- marketing and PR: plans, reports, presentations, offers, DM letters and other promotional materials, websites, Facebook pages
- industrial and technical: user's manuals, technical descriptions, brochures, leaflets, safety data sheets, expert opinions, technical tests
- architecture, construction, HVAC: competitions, plans, documentation, budgets, certificates, websites, Facebook pages, description of HVAC devices and systems
- agriculture and food industry: company, activity and product descriptions, export-import documents, correspondence, instruction manuals for agricultural machinery
- hotel management, catering, and gastronomy: analyses, offers, articles, presentations, marketing materials, menus
- business: company and product descriptions, business plans, presentations, articles, quotations, reports, logistics; export-import documentation
- business correspondence: official, legal, marketing, DM letters, requests for quotations, offers, invitations, complaints
- medical: discharge summaries, medical records for in- and outpatients, test reports, referral notes, certificates, letters, documents related to insurance
- medical sciences: articles, dissertations, Ph.D. extracts, materials of conferences and researches, tenders, presentations
- pharmaceutical: research and medicine descriptions, instructions of medicines
- healthcare: instructions of medical aids, information leaflets of dietary supplements, vitamins, cosmetics, creams, user manuals of sporting articles and equipment, descriptions of prevention methods, sports and diets
- sciences and arts: studies, professional articles, presentations, online publications, conference materials
- traditional and online articles: translating, proofreading (checking) and editing in all of our specialist areas
- websites, blogs: translation or proofreading of webpages and blogs for Hungarian and foreign companies, private persons
- theses, doctoral dissertations (Ph.D./DLA): checking, correcting and editing complete theses and abstracts. We are especially good at the proofing of different theses including Ph.D. and DLA as well. Students whose theses were improved by us got mark 4 or 5 when they defended their theses in front of the board. You can also ask us to prepare you for defending your thesis.
- civil law: private documents, legal letters, documents related to court proceedings, testimonies, proxies
- official letters: applications and requests, notifications, complaints, appeals, providing and requesting information
- personal documents: CVs, motivation letters, certificates (school, birth, marriage, death), diplomas
If you would like the translation or proofreading of a text in any of the above areas, please ask for a quotation: Request for Quote
We will treat your personal data and text confidentially. Texts that are finally not translated by us are deleted.
What advantages can you expect from choosing our translations?
Please click here to read more about the 12 Benefits of Our Translation
If you order the translation from us, you can save the cost of proofreading (correction).
Our qualified, experienced and conscientious colleagues prepare high-quality translations. Besides, each translation is checked by a responsible project manager who compares the translation with the original text. Then, the translation is read once more to check its style and smoothness, and finally, a spell check is performed.
Consequently, no proofreading is required for our translation. You can feel free to publish it abroad, even for native speakers.
We can provide the proofreading of texts translated by you or another translator office at the half price of our translations.
You can ask for an urgent translation (within three days) with no extra charge.
Our translations are accepted by the Company registration Court: in compliance with the 24/1986 (VI. 26.) MT Decree of the Council of Ministers on Translation and Interpretation, we are entitled to the certified translation of extracts from the company register, as well as enterprise-related data and documentation to be entered in the commercial register.
Official translations with a translator’s clause now free of charge: duly endorsed, official translations can also be ordered with a clause in the foreign language if you would like to use it abroad. The translated texts are provided with a translator’s clause declaring that the translated text fully corresponds with its source text. This clause bears the handwritten signature of the owner of MET Translation Office, and it is sealed with the company’s stamp. We print both the original and the translated texts, as well as the translator's clause. Then, we sign and stamp the clause, put the translation, the text and the clause together with a string, and scan it back to the computer. You will receive the translation, the text and the clause in one PDF file, compressed if necessary.
Upon request, we send the translation by post as well. Its cost is HUF 500-750 depending on the weight of the letter.
In urgent cases, we use DHL Express.
translation from a foreign language to Hungarian: from HUF 1.80 /character
(1500-character page: HUF 2700)
translation from Hungarian to a foreign language: from HUF 2.00 /character
(1500-character page: HUF 3000)
proofreading in Hungarian: from HUF 0.90 / character
(1500-character page: HUF 1350)
proofreading in a foreign language: from HUF 1.00 / character
(1500-character page: HUF 1500)
Our translation fee is exempted from VAT so this tax will not be added to it.
More details about our pricing:
Our prices are based on the number of characters (letters) in the original (source) text sent by you.
Spaces are not included in the calculation, which can result in as much as 20% cost saving.
We will count the number of characters in your text free of charge.
In case of a Word text, you can do it for yourself by the Word count function using Characters (no spaces)
In case of non-editable file formats (PDF, JPG) or paper-based texts; we will calculate the length of the text after converting the file before sending you our quotation free of charge.
In our experience, one page usually contains 1,500-2,000 characters.
Our translation fee also depends on the difficulty of the text and the language and the availability of translators in the given language so it is better to ask for a specific, customized quotation for your text.
Please fill in the request for quote form below and attach your text to the form.
We will respond to your request maximum within 1.5 hours – after the normal working hours and at weekends as well.
We will treat your text and all personal data confidentially.
The uploaded texts arrive at our domain email account secured by a user name, password and SSL authorization.
Compliant to the GDPR regulations, all personal information, texts, and translations will be treated strictly confidentially. Texts that are not translated by us will be irreversibly deleted.
We conclude a confidentiality agreement with our translators.
For immediate information, call: +36 546 0396 or +36 1 221 2866
(0-24 on-call duty including weekends)