Why Should Doctors Translate Medical Documents?
7 reasons why MET Translation Office employs doctors to translate medical documents:
- The translation of medical documents, e.g.: discharge summaries, medical records, certificates of health status, carries great responsibility as these will be used by the next doctors during the further treatments of patients.
- Consequently, translation errors in such texts may create serious health hazards.
- The doctors who translate medical documents must understand not only the texts of such documents. They also have to know the medical background of them.
- They must have sufficient background knowledge and medical experience to be able to recognize and interpret the technical terms and abbreviations that are used by the doctors.
- Medical documents also contain a lot of terms in Latin, often in abbreviated forms , which also have to be translated correctly.
- In addition, the precise translation of numbers that are listed, for example, in the discharges summaries and their measurement units also requires a high-level professional background.
- Finally, medical documents contain a lot of confidential personal information. The preservation of such confidential personal data by the doctor translators is of particular interest to the patients . The doctors who prepare our medical translations are able to meet all the above requirements and they have been committed to the languages they translate to/from for a long time.
Thus, if you need the translation of medical documents, e.g.: discharge summaries, medical records or any other certificates, you can contact us with confidence.