ABOUT TRANSLATING CONTRACTS
WHAT TYPES OF CONTRACTS CAN YOU ORDER FROM US TO BE TRANSLATED?
We are prepared to translate all kinds of agreements, including
- contracts of gifts, birth and marriage certificates, child custody agreements,
- sale and purchase contracts, escrow agreements, lease contracts, loan agreements,
- articles of association, business agreements, subcontracts, agency contracts, employment contracts,
- service agreements, distribution or agency contracts,
- design and construction contracts and
- non-disclosure agreements.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN REQUIREMENTS OF TRANSLATING CONTRACTS?
PRECISION ABOVE ALL!
- Precise translation is fully guaranteed by our qualified and experienced translators who have proved their aptitude and conscientiousness during long years of collaboration with us.
- This is complemented by our quality control process, where a CAT software is used for checking the complete and accurate translation of all data and terms used in the text, as well as for screening any spelling errors.
- The software performs the checking mechanically, so its work is followed by the proofreading of an experienced and reliable project manager.
- We also pay attention to maintaining the structure and the layout of the original contract, including the numbering of the paragraphs as well.
ON THE CORRECT TRANSLATION OF NUMBERS AND DATES
- When translating contracts, we pay particular attention to the exact translation of dates, since these are different in each language. In this case, as well, accuracy and clarity are our main guiding principles.
- For example, if the date format in a Hungarian text is: 2018.03.10., then it is translated into English as follows: 10 March 2018
- This format ensures that the date is equally clear for readers using British English and American English as well.
- Numbers also require a lot of attention, for example, in sale and purchase, or in lease contracts.
- In these cases, we also pay attention to the characteristics of each language, as well as to seemingly tiny details.
- These are very important for the content of the contract, for example, the reverse use of commas and full stops in English and in Hungarian.
NAMES, TITLES AND STAMPS (SEALS) IN THE TRANSLATION
- We pay particular attention to writing names - including signatures - accurately.
- Titles and positions attached to the signatures are also checked on the Internet.
- We always adapt to the traditions of the target language.
- The texts inside the stamps at the end of contracts are also translated.
- The exact names and addresses of companies or institutions included in the stamps are always checked on the Internet.
- The translations of stamps are added in italics and in the same colour as the stamps in the original text to ensure their being separated from the rest of the text.
HOW DOES MET TRANSLATION OFFICE ENSURE THAT CONTRACTS ARE TRANSLATED AS PROFESSIONALLY AS POSSIBLE?
- The translation of contracts is only assigned to translators who have the appropriate professional qualifications and many years of experience in the translation of various agreements.
- These texts are full of complex expressions that are embedded in the language, so they cannot be pasted together word by word from a dictionary.
- In addition, legal texts are not translated mechanically or in a superficial manner, but they are interpreted in-depth, and translated by following the inner logic of the texts.
- Our translators were trained in legal terminology together with lawyers, at universities abroad, and perfected their skills by working in law offices.
- Therefore, they are aware of different legal terminologies resulting from various legal systems and legal cultures.
HOW DO WE GUARANTEE COMPLETE CONFIDENTIALITY?
- In the course of translating contracts, maintaining strict confidentiality of personal and corporate data is a priority.
- At MET Translation Office, we achieve this by deleting such data from the texts before sending them to the translators, and their places are indicated by dots in a different colour, or alphabetical codes are used.
- Not only names are deleted, but also such data, which are suitable for identifying persons or businesses, for example, home address, registered address, tax registration/VAT number, etc.
- In case of sale and purchase contracts, in addition to the data of the seller and the buyer, information (e.g. cadastral number, address) on the movable asset or property - which is the subject of the purchase - are also treated confidentially.
- Then the project manager performing quality control inserts the previously deleted data into the finished translation of the text, and makes modifications to the word order, or other grammatical structures, if necessary.
- Coloured markings help to ensure that no data is omitted accidentally.
IN WHAT FORMAT WILL YOU RECEIVE THE PROFESSIONAL LEGAL TRANSLATION OF YOUR CONTRACT?
- At MET Translation Office, we will prepare the translation in the same format as the original contract. We pay particular attention to ensure that the numbered paragraphs match the original.
- We are also prepared to provide bilingual or multilingual translations. We have experience in preparing bilingual sale and purchase or supply contracts, for example, from Hungarian into English, and from English into Hungarian.
- In such a case - on the specific request of our customer - the translation is provided in a two-column format. You will have the original text and its corresponding translation side by side.
- At MET Translation Office, this service is free, but please indicate your request when ordering the translation.
- We have also translated existing bilingual contracts to a third language (Romanian-Hungarian-English). In such a case, the translation is prepared in a three-column format.
WOULD YOU LIKE AN OFFICIAL OR CERTIFIED TRANSLATION OF YOUR CONTRACT?
It can also be ordered at MET Translation Office! Read more on the conditions and forms of official or certified translations in this article: What Makes a Translation Certified?
HOW WILL YOU RECEIVE THE PROFESSIONAL LEGAL TRANSLATION OF YOUR CONTRACT?
- The completed translation will be sent to you by e-mail, or you may request it to be sent via postal mail.
- In the latter case, the translation is printed, placed in an opaque plastic bag (punched pocket), and sent in an A4-size envelope using priority registered mail.
- Such a package sent to an address in Hungary is usually received within 1-2 business days. This has an extra cost of HUF 750.
- Please indicate such a mailing request when ordering the translation.
WHAT PAYMENT METHODS ARE AVAILABLE?
- The invoice will be attached to the completed translation, and you may arrange payment via bank transfer or cash payment at the bank. The invoice will include all necessary data.
- The invoices of MET Translation Office are issued via the closed, numbered system of számlázz.hu - registered at NTCA - and therefore, they are valid without signature and stamp.
- Our invoices for short, 1-2 page translations are issued with a payment date of 8 days, while longer translations are issued with a payment date of 31 days.
At MET Translation Office we will do our best to provide you with the most accurate and professional translation of your contract, while also ensuring secure data processing. This naturally applies to contracts translated by third parties and provided for us for revision (correction) as well.